This one and a half hour, interactive workshop will highlight the ways in which women have traditionally undersold their skills and provide opportunities for participants to self- reflect on their
own experiences. We will discuss the social expectations put on women, which can complicate women’s desire to do self- promotion. Through analyzing the descriptors of women’s professional accomplishments, body language, and verbal inflections, participants will be encouraged to investigate improved ways of communicating professionally.
This program counts towards a She Leads OHIO requirement (the Women’s Center’s professional leadership program). For more information, please visit our website.
1. Provide students with the skills needed to advertise themselves in the workplace
2. Understand how different presentation styles function within an interview setting
3. Instruct students how to demonstrate confidence in themselves
4. Identify common traps for women, like apologizing, etc.
5. Explore the use of “hedging” and speech inflection in communicating confidence